What is a website redesign?
A website redesign is a detailed process that consists of reviewing your current website to determine pain points and set goals for what your new site will look and function like. This includes updating content, creating user-friendly layouts, improving navigation and refreshing the overall design such as how brand elements are incorporated into the website. Our team of developers work on the back-end of the site to ensure it has all the desired functionality and our designers create a front-end that is visually appealing and resonates with users.
Why is it important to plan a website redesign project well in advance?
Having the ability to evaluate your website and know the signs that point towards a website redesign is key. Website redesign project costs vastly range from less than $10,000 to $100,000+ based on your needs and desired design and functionality (view our news posts on budgeting for a municipal website or a B2B website). We have options when it comes to a website redesign project's scope and related price but often these types of projects need to be planned into future budgets and approved by key stakeholders. Therefore, it is important to be aware of your website's current state so you can give yourself enough time to plan accordingly.
Here are some of the common signs that indicate you are in need of a website redesign:
- Your website design is not attractive and outdated – you may see high abandonment rates from your visitors, or very slow loading times.
- Your current site is not web accessible – If users with disabilities or those that use assistive devices such as screen readers cannot use your device, you should consider a website redesign. View our news post that explains what web accessibility is if you are not familiar with it and how accessibility can benefit your organization.
- Your users are often calling asking where to find information on your site – if your users cannot navigate your website, it is not doing its job and it is time for a new one.
- Your website does not match your branding – if you have gone through a rebrand it is imperative that your website reflects your new look and messaging. Users must recognize your brand and the design and content should resonate with them.
- Your website is not helping you meet your goals – if your website is not generating leads, providing efficiencies for citizens or whatever else your goals may be, it is not doing its job and it is time to create one that will.
- Your site is not responsive – if users cannot access your website from a variety of devices (tablets, mobiles etc.) or if the content is not responsive to the device it is being viewed on, it is time to build a new site. Mobile devices are dominating more and more web traffic and you are missing out on opportunities.
- Your website is not secure – older websites often rely on old security technology which will leave you open to security threats and hackers.
- Your staff are unable to update the website – older websites are often difficult to navigate in the back-end making it hard for staff to maintain and update website content. A new site will provide staff with an easy-to-use CMS that will create internal efficiencies.
- You are falling behind your competitors – modern websites have SEO and content best practices built in, if your users and search engines are unable to find your website it may be time for an upgrade.
If you are still unsure if it is time to consider a redesign for your website, contact our team of experts! We will provide a free consultation to help you determine if it is time to redesign your website by discussing recommendations and providing information about the benefits to upgrading your website. We also offer a range of services, such as user experience (UX) testing that can help you gain a better understanding of how users interact with your site and if they can find the information they are looking for.