Choosing CiviKit will result in a seamless project process and a reduced workload for your staff. We will provide best practices for web content and navigation and train your staff in how to effectively maintain your website. We will even migrate existing content for you!
The CiviKit solution is created on the Drupal content management system (CMS). Drupal is secure, scalable, accessible, flexible and configurable, and an ideal platform for government. It provides a cost-effective solution that achieves your desired functionality by utilizing a vast library of components built and refined by thousands of Drupal developers—including custom modules we have built for past clients.
Tell us about your community's website goals, request a quote today.
Let us take the guesswork out of your website development process by allowing us to do what we do best and bear the heavy lifting for you. You can choose from a variety of existing website designs, which will be adjusted to suit your communities brand. See the solution in action on the Villages of Lions Bay and Sayward websites and as well as the Township of North Dundas.
With CiviKit’s intuitive, user-friendly CMS and a range of built-in features, non-technical staff can easily create engaging and informative content for their audience. In turn, users can easily navigate their site and find content that matters to them most thanks to a range of built-in features, including quick links, section highlights and emergency notifications.
"The development and evolution of our website was seamless with the guidance and expertise of Upanup. Their collaborative approach allowed our municipal administrative team leads to feel comfortable with the advancements and provided training and tools to manage the website after creation. The new, revised, website is much easier for the public to navigate. This ease of use reduces public frustration and, like many rural municipalities, resources are limited, and the website advancements have reduced calls to our office and allowed our staff to focus on their primary tasks."
Site Features and Functionality
Our CiviKit websites are engaging, reliable, and interactive for users. CiviKit municipal websites act as a reliable source of information for citizens, visitors, and businesses. They provide helpful and easy-to-use online service options for users. These sites include the following content types:
- Emergency Alerts
- Meetings, Minutes & Agendas
- Council Bios
- Site Search
- Events & Calendar
- Bid Opportunities
- News & Public Notices
- Parks & Facilities
- Photo Gallery
We are so excited to be able to offer this solution to those that want a new, modern and intuitive website but have time or budget constraints. The CiviKit solution provides a tried and tested template that has already been used by other municipalities. This results in a reduced project timeline, minimal bugs and a smooth deployment for a solution that is already proven to be well received by users.
Security & Hosting
With CiviKit, your site’s backend is one less thing for you to worry about. Our websites are built with the highest and most current level of security, thanks to a secure platform used by leading organizations worldwide (including the Office of the Prime Minister). Hosting and backup services are both offered through a top-tier Canadian third-party provider and include 24/7 uptime monitoring as well as proactive hosting management support and maintenance. And by integrating a flexible, open-source solution like Drupal, you’ll get a cost-effective, scalable website that easily facilitates future growth.
The back end of our Drupal municipal sites are incredibly straight-forward to use and update. It is easy for non-technical staff to create content—from desktop and mobile devices alike.
The following features are included in the back end of the content management system (CMS) to be used at your convenience:
- Free CMS—no software required
- Accessible anywhere with an internet connection
- Simple text editor that is like using Microsoft Word
- Preview mode for content before publishing live (with spell check)
- Accessibility checker to ensure users with disabilities or impairments can access your content
- Ability to create user accounts with different levels of permission
- Dynamic menu structure, with the ability to add, edit, move or delete portions of the menu
- Document and media library for organized storage and management of your site documents and graphics
- Built-in approval and review process for publishing changes (if desired)
- Support multimedia content objects, like images, video, and other media
- Ability to add customized images into banners and pages
- Create various pages and content types (news, events, alerts, etc.)—from any device
- Restore prior versions of web content (if you’d like to keep track of past edits)
- Add external links as necessary