We used open communication to establish that all parties were striving for the same goals on this unique project. The committee was focused on building a valuable site—ensuring it was marketed effectively to grow its database and connect local employers with jobseekers.
Our approach and strategy were to build a site that met the functional requirements while providing users with an experience that was enjoyable, and easy to navigate, while encouraging repeat site visits in the future. Additionally, due to the nature of this database and the collection of personal information, security was of the utmost importance.
To help the committee reach its goals we:
- Reviewed the jobseeker and employer-related information that would be included in the database
- Reviewed the internal workflows that were needed to ensure the system worked efficiently for their internal team.
- Recommended using a design template to meet their desired timeline and budget while providing an established look and feel that had already been used successfully by many users.
- Recommended a template that included important design elements such as quick links to help improve the users' experience.
- Configured the build and included select sections of the website that require an employer account to access specific features, while ensuring that jobseekers' personal information and the portal remains secure.
- Worked closely with the committee project team to create effective, on-brand marketing materials to promote the site across a variety of outlets.
The resulting website acts as a job matching and resume database platform—allowing local employers to match with suitable jobseekers. The site itself not only acts as an online tool to create efficiencies for jobseekers and employers but also provides valuable information to its two main user categories.
Our team provided additional content support to ensure users could efficiently find the information they were searching for. The site includes profiles on local businesses, searchable job postings that can be applied directly on the website, a filterable resume database, password-enabled employer-only sections, valuable local resources, and much more! The marketing materials we created included posters, distributable rack cards, and online ads, and have been used to drive jobseekers and local employers to the new site.