Only local applicants in the vicinity of Victoria, British Columbia will be considered for this position.
If you live in the vicinity of Victoria, British Columbia, enjoy helping people, have experience working with Content Management System (CMS) websites, and if you're a natural born problem solver, we have the position for you. Upanup has an opportunity for you to play an integral front-line role as a Web Support Assistant responding to and helping many great clients, most of which are cities and local governments. With the backing of our technical teams, you will get an opportunity to learn valuable digital skills while providing professional and efficient website support services.
You should have the ability to write friendly, clear and helpful communications. You’ll need to be customer-service-oriented, resourceful and web savvy when dealing with client CMS websites. Most importantly, you should be positive, organized, and willing to continue to learn in a fast-paced environment.
You will receive training and mentorship for all of the following to extend your technical smarts and your desire to help people.
- Receive, troubleshoot and respond to website support requests in a timely and professional manner
- Day-to-day management, organization and prioritization of support requests and time logs in our ticketing system
- Complete basic web development tasks such as CMS configuration changes and the occasional front-end (HTML, CSS) code updates
- Compile data and produce bi-monthly customer reports
- Contribute to and help improve the efficiency and quality of our support systems and service
- Work with a growing and collaborative team across Canada
- Demonstrate a technical aptitude to troubleshoot and solve website support requests
- Must enjoy helping people with a friendly customer service disposition
- Ability to write helpful communications for non-technical readers
- Strong communication whether via chat, email or phone
- Experience at the admin level of CMS platforms (Drupal knowledge preferred)
- An understanding of web development fundamentals (HTML, CSS, basic code deployment procedures and git familiarity a bonus)
- An eye for user interface and user experience design
- An open-mind and willingness to learn
Remuneration and job logistics:
- Permanent full-time position, with health benefits starting after three months
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Salary range is $46,000 to $56,000 commensurate based on years of relevant experience.
Notes about applying
- Upanup is actively looking to build diversity on our team, and we encourage all types of individuals to apply for this position. It should go without saying, we are welcoming to BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Our team embraces a flexible framework that includes working in the office for 1+ days each week and from home the rest of the week; some staff work full time from the office as well.
- When applying, applicants must include a PDF version of their cover letter and resume. Applicants who take the time to customize their submission specifically for Upanup and this position will be favoured.