If you enjoy helping people, have experience working with Content Management System (CMS) websites, and if you are a natural born problem solver, we have the position for you. Upanup needs somebody to play an integral front-line role for our client support channel, dealing directly with the many great clients we have using our systems, many of which are cities and municipal districts across Canada. With the backing of our development, design and strategy teams, you will use your digital acumen and CMS experience to provide professional and efficient website support services.
You should have the ability to write friendly, clear and helpful communications. You’ll need to be customer-service-oriented, resourceful and web savvy when dealing with client CMS websites. Most importantly for this job you should be positive, collaborative and willing to continue to learn in a fast-paced environment.
You will receive training and mentorship for all of the following, as long as you have the technical smarts and the desire to help people.
- Receive, troubleshoot and respond to website support requests in a timely and professional manner
- Day-to-day management of support requests and time logs in our ticketing system
- Write, edit, and compile technical documentation, including training guides and other reporting materials
- Complete basic web development tasks such as CMS configurations, content migrations and occasional front-end (HTML, CSS, JS) code updates
- Support client CMS training sessions occasionally
- Work with a growing and collaborative team across Canada
- Demonstrate a technical aptitude to troubleshoot and solve website support requests
- Must enjoy helping people with a friendly customer service disposition
- Ability to write helpful communications for non-technical readers
- Strong communication whether via chat, email or phone
- Experience at the admin level of CMS platforms (Drupal knowledge preferred)
- An understanding of web development fundamentals, including familiarity with HTML and CSS along with basic code deployment procedures
- An eye for user interface and user experience design
- An open-mind and willingness to learn
Remuneration and job logistics:
- Permanent full-time position, with health benefits starting after three months
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- We have a wide range for starting salary depending on years of experience, particularly working directly with Drupal or in a technical support role. Salary range is $42,000 to $56,000 commensurate with experience
Notes about applying
- Upanup is actively looking to build diversity on our team, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply for this position.
- Our team embraces a flexible framework that includes working in an office for at least one day per week where we benefit from the social interactions and efficiencies of seeing people face-to-face. Employees can choose the amount they would like to work from home from the remaining days each week.
- When applying, applicants must include a cover letter and resume. Applicants who take the time to customize their submission specifically for Upanup and this position will be favoured.
- Only local applicants in the vicinity of Kitchener, Ontario will be considered for this position.