There is a certain amount of technical know how (or willingness to learn technical concepts) required to succeed in this position. Our culture is one that encourages continuous improvement, organization, flexibility and creativity. We like to have fun, but we also take the quality of our work seriously when it comes to attention to detail and providing value to our clients.
What will you do on the job?
- Organize and manage projects including website development, redesigns, and collateral
- Create and manage project timelines and task lists, ensuring we are on time, on budget, and within project scope
- Prepare for and facilitate client meetings, presentations and day-to-day correspondence
- Produce project documentation
- Ensure the quality of our deliverables through proofreading, troubleshooting minor bugs and testing in staging environments
- Coordinate and work with internal teams to reach project milestones
- Assist with content porting, review, and creation when needed
What traits are needed for the job?
- Ability to understand web-based tools, digital design concepts and content requirements
- Strong written, verbal and proofreading skills
- Proven organizational and project management skills
- Consistent attention to detail
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Keen interest in online services, such as websites
- Ambitious attitude, positive outlook and friendly disposition
What education or experience is required?
- Degree or diploma in area such as communications, design or development
- Previous experience with website content management systems and project management programs would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Drupal, Google Analytics or Project Management software would be an asset
- Experience working in municipal government or utilities sector would be an asset
- 3-8 years experience in a related role
Notes about applying:
- Upanup is actively looking to build diversity on our team, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply for this position.
- Our team embraces a flexible framework that includes working in an office for at least one day per week, where we benefit from the social interactions and efficiencies of seeing people face-to-face. Employees can choose the amount they would like to work from home from the remaining days each week.
- When applying, please include a cover letter and resume. Applicants who take the time to customize their submission specifically for Upanup and this position will be favoured.
- Only local applicants in the vicinity of Kitchener, ON will be considered for this position.
- Starting salary of $52,000 - $64,000 commensurate with experience.