Upanup is expanding its design team and looking for a web & graphic designer in Calgary who will help us deliver high-calibre, engaging work to our diverse client base. This is a junior to intermediate position with starting salary expected to range from $45,000 to $50,000 depending on experience level.
As a member of our design team, you’ll develop clean, professional and user-friendly designs, primarily for websites and applications, but also for client branding and print materials. You will work in Adobe Creative Cloud software to provide design mock-ups for use in corporate and government websites, digital applications, marketing collateral and rebrands.
You’ll be part of a small, dynamic team working at our studio on 17th Avenue SW in Calgary, and will also be in regular contact with designers and strategists at our office in Victoria, B.C.
What you will do:
- Engage with coworkers, clients and our creative director for design direction
- Brainstorm and explore creative design solutions
- Create design mock-ups for a variety of digital projects
- Design and produce other materials such as presentations, brochures, email templates and short videos
- Make design adjustments based on feedback from our creative director, and in some cases direct feedback from users, clients, and coworkers
- Prepare design files for development and production
- Assist with site architecture, wireframes and user flows
What we need:
- At least two years of professional design experience, with a degree or diploma in design
- Expertise with Adobe CC, notably Photoshop and Illustrator
- An understanding of modern UX and UI concepts and the ability to integrate those into website design
- A strong understanding of branding, marketing and communications
- A keen eye for composition, clean aesthetics and attention to detail
- Strong listener, communicator and team player with a positive attitude
- An excellent work ethic with the ability to keep focused when unsupervised
As an Upanup team member, you will:
- Get an opportunity to collaborate with experienced colleagues.
- Focus on quality design work for great clients.
- Be exposed to great variety that will keep you interested and challenged.
- Work with the excellent software and hardware tools.
- Be part of a fun and productive work environment based on core values of integrity, quality, efficiency, progress and friendliness.
- Collect a competitive salary, three weeks of paid vacation and health benefits starting after three months.
Please apply for this position online, including a link to your online portfolio. Cover letters and resumes should be submitted in a well-designed PDF document. Those applicants who submit a Word template resume or do not include a portfolio link will not be considered.
Local Calgary, Alberta applicants only, please.