We need your help with the work we do for a wide range of clients on digital properties that are seen and used by millions of people. Your contributions will make a difference in people's everyday lives and the tasks they do online.
The successful applicant will be someone who attacks challenges with a high degree of organization and technical acumen, is dedicated to creating scalable solutions and sees team collaboration as a rewarding experience. You will have back-end web development experience and be comfortable working with Linux infrastructures, open-source software and Git workflows. You will also be equipped with resourceful troubleshooting and debugging skills.
We look forward to helping you learn on the job, but we’ll also be counting on you to figure out problems yourself. While we help you take your career to the next level, you'll be doing the same for Upanup's solutions and infrastructure.
- Build and support cloud-based infrastructures, including LAMP management and Git workflows
- Work with our development team on deployments, project tasks and client support
- Assist with system and application updates
- Document infrastructures, issues and solutions
- Construct CMS configurations, including migrations and modular functionality
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment
- Work remotely within a seven-member technical team across Canada, while acting as the primary technical resource for Upanup's new Kitchener office
- 2+ years working with LAMP environments and Git
- Ability to follow a schedule, meet deadlines and deliver solutions with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of web development using PHP-based open source platforms (Drupal preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Willingness to provide flexible web development and technical assistance to support our growth, our projects and our clients
- Direct experience working within or creating Drupal modules or custom WordPress plugins would be an asset
When applying, please include your resume and a cover letter including a link to some of your live work. Applicants who take the time to customize their submission specifically for Upanup and this position will be favoured.
Only local applicants in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON will be considered for this position.