We are looking for a strong writer, with marketing experience and an eye for quality. This person will be focused on marketing for Upanup, as opposed to our clients. They will write and publish our own content, respond to requests for proposal and proactively seek out opportunities.
This person will join our entrepreneurial, creative, organized, fun and progressive office in either our Victoria, BC head office or our office in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON. They will join an established team, in an environment of continual learning and opportunity.
The marketing & communications assistant will help us connect with our primary client verticals within the government, education, B2B and utility sectors. Primarily, they will be helping to create content and materials that showcase our excellent work, our awards, our process, and our clients’ solutions. This will result in target clients contacting us when they need digital marketing, UX, branding and communications.
- You will create marketing materials - written and designed
- You may plan, write and implement content and improvements for our blog, social media, web pages, newsletters and other materials
- You will research opportunities in terms of offerings, target clients, and RFPs
- You will assemble, write and design proposals for projects and retainers
- You will proactively create content that builds Upanup's web presence and helps further position us as industry leaders
- You will help prepare for and potentially attend business development meetings
- You will help plan, track, measure, report on our KPIs
- You will help track past projects to write case studies for our website and summaries for our proposals
- Exceptional written communication skills - accurate, focused, organized and fluid
- 3+ years of marketing and/or sales experience
- Doer personality style, able to help out quickly as needed
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to think outside the box while also getting priorities completed
- Ability to get tasks done on time and efficiently, with a positive attitude
- Ability to organize written materials, files and folders, databases
- Eye for design, and ability to create appealing and clean layout in programs such as Microsoft Office suite and/or Adobe suite
- Creative problem-solving capabilities, a positive outlook and an ambitious attitude
- Keen interest in digital marketing and communications
- Degree or diploma in a related program, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Experience creating and managing a content calendar or program
- Ability to proactively draft new content and propose ideas that will help the company
- Thorough understanding of testing, experimentation, measurement, and marketing analytics
- Experience and success in sales
- Marketing agency experience
- Experience with user experience such as user engagement or user feedback
- Experience with planning and implementing evergreen or gated content such as webinars and whitepapers
- Drupal and/or WordPress experience
What can you expect from an employment agreement?
- Permanent full-time position with health benefits starting after three months
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Additional benefits after 2 years and 5 years
While Upanup appreciates your interest, only local applicants in Victoria, BC or Kitchener-Waterloo, ON will be considered for this position.