This job could be for you if you thrive at keeping things and people well-organized, have a great eye for design, and you really enjoy working with creative people. It’s also an opportunity to learn about many aspects of UI/UX design from a talented team of passionate designers.
You’ll report to our Creative Director and help with scheduling design tasks. You’ll contribute to a wide range of projects in digital communications, user experience testing and branding. The variety of projects will provide an engaging agency experience doing work for exciting clients.
If you are ready to help create digital experiences people love, we’d love to hear from you.
What will you do on the job?
- Schedule, track, and follow-up on design related tasks through online tools
- Assist with design production requests, such as your own design tasks, inserting content (CMS or Adobe XD), resizing images, and preparing artwork for handoffs
- Source and organize assets (such as copy, photos and videos) for design tasks
- Communicate with our internal teams to make sure design jobs get done on time
- Liaise with project managers, strategists, developers for their design needs
- Complete design checklists to ensure technical and functional deliverables are met
- Assist with organizing UX testing, potentially helping with recruitment, acting as a note taker or observer
- Prepare and/or proofread design documents; creative briefs, project plans and UX testing summary reports
What traits are needed for the job?
- Technical design capabilities, particularly with Adobe Creative Suite
- Eye for detail and aesthetic
- Super organized
- Great listener and communicator
- Friendly demeanor
- Solution-oriented problem solver
- Strong spelling and grammar
What education or experience is required?
- This is a junior/intermediate position, where we expect at least a few years of relevant experience.
- Relevant degree or diploma, such as Design, Marketing, Communication or equivalent
- At least two years of design, coordination or administration experience
- We have a flexible office and remote work setup. We expect our team to work in the office from 12-40 hours per week, while the remaining time can be remote.
- Starting salary for this position is expected to be between $46,000 and $52,000
Notes about applying:
- When applying, we require both a cover letter and resume.
- We do not require a portfolio for the initial application, but will request to see a portfolio of design work for those who are invited to the next stage.
- Applicants who take the time to customize their submission specifically for Upanup and this position will be favoured.
- We believe in building a diverse team and we have hiring processes in place to avoid unconscious bias. We are an inclusive and welcoming team for all people.
- Only applicants in the regions of Victoria, BC or Calgary, AB will be considered for this position.