Upanup has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Web Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will be someone who attacks challenges with problem solving abilities and views team collaboration as a rewarding experience. A good understanding of theming for open-source platforms and front-end language skills will help you dive into projects from the get-go, but we also look forward to helping you learn on the job.
This is an entry-level position in the field of web development that will provide excellent learning and on-the-job experience to further your career. Expected starting salary for this position ranges from $36,000 to $48,000 per year depending on experience level. The job will be based in our Victoria, BC.
- Perform web production tasks including content migrations.
- Provide development services to our active Support channel.
- Build custom and responsive UI themes for CMS platforms.
- Construct user-friendly CMS editing experiences.
- Engage with UX/UI Designers to formulate build-outs.
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Technically savvy and detail-oriented worker who can maintain focus on a variety of tasks.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Experience developing website themes on CMS platforms.
- Experience with Responsive Web Design.
- Eye for user-friendly and clean design.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Willingness to learn on the job.
Why join Upanup:
- You will be part of a progressive, award-winning and friendly team that is continually improving the quality and scale of our work.
- You will receive competitive compensation and will start with three weeks of paid vacation.
- You will be eligible for health benefits after your initial three months.
- You will learn on the job from our experienced development, design and strategist teams.
- You will have the tools and support you need to succeed.
- You will work on rewarding projects for a variety of clients in public and private sectors.
Please apply online including a link to your portfolio with some live work. Only local Victoria, BC applicants will be considered for this position.