We’re looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented individual with strong written and verbal communications skills. This is an entry-level position for a computer-savvy person who will join our office in Downtown Victoria. We need somebody who will fit in to a growing business with a culture that is entrepreneurial, fast-moving, creative, organized, fun and efficient.
What will this job be like?
- You will keep on top of project timelines, milestones and task lists, ensuring we are getting things done on time and within the scope of projects.
- You will support our strategists when they require organizational and admin assistance.
- You will draft client communications for our strategists to use in order to update clients and to keep on top of our clients for the things we need from them.
- You will help compile and sometimes draft content for digital communications.
- You will write up and document requirements for our projects.
- You will test digital solutions such as websites and applications from an end-user or client-user point of view, providing clear feedback and reports to our team.
- You will setup necessary working meetings and create efficient agendas.
- You will provide general office assistance as required.
What is required for the job?
- You must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- You must have proven organizational skills.
- You must be persistent and unwavering in your attention-to-detail.
- You must have excellent computer skills, with the ability to learn quickly. Previous experience with open-source content management systems and project management programs will help.
- You should have a general understanding of the process involved branding and digital projects
- You must have creative problem-solving capabilities, positive outlook and ambitious attitude.
- You must have an interest in web communications and mobile applications.
- You should have a degree or diploma in a related area such as communications, administration or new media – or equivalent experience.
What can you expect from an employment agreement?
- Entry-level, permanent full-time position with benefits starting after three months
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Why join Upanup?
- You will shape your own future in this new position while playing an important role in a company with exceptional growth potential.
- You will have a fun and enjoyable work environment, with strong internal communications and positive sense of team.
- Your initiative will be recognized and rewarded.
- You will be involved in projects that are challenging and interesting.
- Upanup deals in advanced communications technology and you will benefit from having the right tools for the job.
- Upanup has a strong leadership team and includes exceptionally talented web strategists, designers and developers.
- Upanup has strong core values of quality, integrity, efficiency, transparency and friendliness.
While Upanup appreciates your interest in this position, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Local Victoria, BC applicants only please.