The Digital Content Assistant will help us migrate content for web projects in our primary client verticals within government, energy/utility, and B2B/manufacturing sectors. Primarily, they will work within a content management system to establish site architecture, migrate, edit and format content.
- You will create sensible and easy-to-read hierarchical web content using headings, subheadings, bullet lists, accordions and tables.
- You will assist in planning and strategizing website architecture and user journeys.
- You will create and utilize efficient systems to migrate or copy large amounts of text from dated websites into a more modern and well-designed platform.
- You will organize information and documents while prioritizing tasks for several projects each day.
- You will report to Upanup's Strategy Director who will provide direction, assign and prioritize tasks.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, writing or arts program
- Strong professional writing skills - accurate, focused, organized
- Eye for layout, and ability to organize content in user-friendly and accessible web pages
- High degree of aptitude for efficiently using online applications and websites
- Experience and comfort working in spreadsheet applications
- Capable of effectively editing for spelling and grammar
- Nice-to-have: Experience working full-time in a computer-based job, focused on efficiency
- Nice-to-have: Experience using website content management systems such as Drupal or WordPress
Remuneration and job logistics:
- Permanent full-time position, with health benefits starting after three months
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Entry level starting salary ($40,000 to $45,000)
Notes about applying
- Upanup is actively looking to build diversity on our team, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply for this position.
- Our team embraces a flexible framework that includes working in an office for at least 12 hours per week, where we benefit from the social interactions and efficiencies of seeing people face-to-face. Employees can choose the amount they would like to work from home from the remaining hours each week.
- When applying, applicants must include a cover letter and resume. Applicants who take the time to customize their submission specifically for Upanup and this position will be favoured.
- Only local applicants in the vicinity of Victoria and Kitchener will be considered for this position.