Upanup has an exciting opportunity for a full-time or part-time DevOps to join either our Victoria, BC or Calgary, AB studio. We work with some amazing clients on digital properties that are seen and used by millions of people. The work you do will make a difference.
As a successful candidate, you will be someone who attacks challenges with technical acumen, is dedicated to creating scalable solutions and sees team collaboration as a rewarding experience. You will be comfortable working with Linux infrastructures, open-source software, Git workflows, and will have back-end web development experience. You’ll also be equipped with resourceful troubleshooting and debugging skills.
We look forward to helping you learn on the job, but we’ll be counting on you to figure out problems yourself. We want to hear your ideas!
- Build and support cloud-based infrastructures.
- Work with our development team on deployments, project tasks and client support.
- Assist with system and application security updates.
- Document infrastructures, issues and solutions.
- Construct CMS configurations, including migrations and modular functionality.
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- 2+ years working with LAMP environments and Git.
- Ability to follow a schedule, meet deadlines and deliver solutions with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of web development using PHP-based open source platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication
Please apply online including a cover letter confirming your availability for part-time or full-time work. Only local applicants in Victoria, BC or Calgary, AB will be considered for this position.