Upanup is expanding its design team and looking for a graphic designer who can help us continue to deliver high-calibre, engaging work to our diverse client base. If you’re excited by the opportunity to create designs that connect with users and help clients meet their goals, this is the role for you.
As a member of our design team, you’ll develop clean, professional and user-friendly designs, primarily for websites and applications, but also for client branding and print materials. You will work in Adobe Creative Cloud software to provide design mock-ups for use in corporate and government websites, digital applications, and rebrands.
You’ll be part of a small, dynamic team working at our studio on 17th Avenue SW in Calgary, and will also be in regular contact with designers and strategists at our office in Victoria, B.C.
What you will do:
- Engage with coworkers and clients to gather creative direction
- Brainstorm and explore creative design solutions
- Create design mock-ups for a wide variety of digital projects
- Design other materials such as presentations, brochures, email templates and short videos
- Present designs internally and externally, and gather revisions
- Prepare design files for development and production
- Production design for web or print
- Assist with site architecture, wireframes and user flows
- Gather and incorporate user experience feedback for designs
What we need:
- An exceptional portfolio of web design work samples (branding and print samples are a bonus)
- At least three years of professional experience, with a degree or diploma in design
- An understanding of modern UX and UI concepts and the ability to integrate those into website design
- Expertise with Adobe CC, notably Photoshop and Illustrator
- A love for creativity and design
- A keen eye for composition, clean aesthetics and attention to detail
- A strong understanding of branding, marketing and communications
- Experience with basic web development considerations, and ability to effectively communicate with development teams
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and varying timelines
- Strong listener and communicator with a positive attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, and provide and receive constructive feedback
- An excellent work ethic with the ability to keep focused when unsupervised
As an Upanup team member, you will:
- Get an opportunity to collaborate with experienced colleagues.
- Focus on quality design work for great clients.
- Be exposed to the right amount of variety to keep you interested and challenged.
- Work with the best software and hardware tools available.
- Receive competitive compensation and paid vacation.
- Be eligible for health benefits after three months.
- Contribute to a work environment based on core values of integrity, quality, efficiency, progress and friendliness.
A portfolio is required to apply. Please apply for this position online, including a link to your portfolio.
Local Calgary, Alberta applicants only, please.