This job could be for you if you thrive at keeping things and people well-organized, have an interest in design and websites, and you really enjoy working with creative people. You’ll be part of a team with four talented designers, and you’ll help to keep their schedules.
You’ll report to our Creative Director and help with details, administrative and production tasks related to the design team. You’ll contribute to a wide range of projects in digital communications, marketing, and branding. The variety of projects will provide an engaging agency experience doing work for exciting clients.
What will you do on the job?
- Work with our internal team to make sure we balance designers’ workloads and get design jobs done on time
- Schedule, track, and follow-up on design related tasks through online tools (Clickup)
- Liaise with project managers and strategists for their design needs
- Liaise with developers for passing off design files
- Assist with design production requests, such as inserting content (CMS or Adobe XD), resizing images and preparing final artwork in various file formats.
- Source and organize assets (such as copy, photos and videos) for design tasks
- Complete design checklists to ensure deliverables are met (not creative direction)
- Assist with organizing UX testing, potentially helping with recruitment, acting as a note taker or observer
- Prepare and/or proofread design documents; creative briefs, project plans and UX testing summary reports
What traits are needed for the job?
- Super organized
- Great listener and communicator
- Friendly demeanor
- Solution-oriented problem solver
- Technical design capabilities, particularly with Adobe Creative Suite
- Eye for detail
- Strong spelling and grammar
What education or experience is required?
- This is a junior/intermediate position, where we expect some relevant experience. It is more of an organizational position versus leadership, as our creative director provides that leadership to the design team.
- Relevant degree or diploma, such as Business, Marketing, Communication, Design or equivalent
- 2-5 years of coordination, project management or administration experience
- Starting in September 2021, we will have a flexible office and remote work setup. We will expect our team to work in the office at least 12 hours per week, while the remaining time can be remote.
- Starting salary for this position is expected to be between $48,000 and $54,000
Notes about applying:
- When applying, we require both a cover letter and resume.
- Applicants who take the time to customize their submission specifically for Upanup and this position will be favoured.
- We advertised and hired for this same position earlier in 2021. Unfortunately, the winning applicant cannot continue in the role due to unforeseen personal circumstances. If you applied previously, please feel free to update your letter and resume and apply again.
- We believe a diverse working environment, we have updated our hiring processes to avoid biases and not only welcome but encourage applicants from minority groups to join our team.
- Only applicants in the regions of Victoria, BC or Calgary, AB will be considered for this position.