This job could be for you if you thrive at keeping things and people well-organized, have an interest in design and websites, and you really enjoy working with creative people. You’ll be part of a team with four talented designers, and you’ll help to keep their schedules.
You’ll report to our Creative Director and help with details and administrative tasks related to the design team. You’ll contribute to a wide range of projects in digital communications, marketing, and branding. Initially you can work from your home, but post-pandemic we’ll want you to be in the office at least half of the time.
What will you do on the job?
- Work with our internal team to make sure we balance designers’ workloads and get design jobs done on time
- Schedule, track, and follow-up on design related tasks through online tools
- Liaise with project managers and strategists for their design needs
- Liaise with developers for passing off design files
- Assist with design production requests, such as inserting content (CMS or Adobe XD).
- Source and organize assets (such as copy, photos and videos) for design tasks
- Complete design checklists to ensure deliverables are met (not creative direction)
- Assist with organizing UX testing, potentially acting as a note taker or observer
What traits are needed for the job?
- Super organized
- Great listener and communicator
- Friendly demeanor
- Solution-oriented problem solver
- Technical design capabilities, particularly with Adobe Creative Suite
- Eye for detail
- Strong spelling and grammar
What education or experience is required?
- This is a junior/intermediate position, where we expect some relevant experience. It is more of an organizational position versus leadership, as our creative director provides that leadership to the design team.
- Relevant degree or diploma, such as Business, Marketing, Communication, Design or equivalent
- 2-5 years of coordination, project management or administration experience
Starting salary for this position is expected to be between $48,000 and $54,000
When applying, please include a cover letter and resume. Applicants who take the time to customize their submission specifically for Upanup and this position will be favoured.
Only applicants in the regions of Victoria, BC and Calgary, AB will be considered for this position.