The Communications & Proposal Writer will help us communicate about our services and win new projects in our primary client verticals within government, energy/utility, and B2B/manufacturing sectors. Primarily, they will be helping to create quotes and proposals that showcase our team, services, experience and solutions.
- You will plan, write and format quotes and proposals for web solutions
- You will create marketing materials - written and designed
- You will help prepare for business development meetings
- You will organize sales data in our CRM, ensure good team communications about new learnings, and be proactive to continually improve our processes
- You will research opportunities in terms of offerings, target clients, and RFPs
- You will organize information and documents while prioritizing tasks for several projects each day
- Exceptional written professional communication skills - accurate, focused, organized and fluid
- 3+ years of writing, marketing and/or sales experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, writing or arts program
- Eye for design, and ability to create appealing and clean layout in programs such as Microsoft Office suite and/or Adobe suite
- Savvy with the Internet and comfortable writing about and using different applications and websites
- Experience creating and managing professional sales quotes/proposals
- Experience with editing spelling/grammar and formatting large documents under tight timelines
- Experience working in a marketing agency, tech company, procurement department or government office
- Experience with user experience such as user engagement or user feedback
- Experience using website content management systems such as Drupal
What can you expect from an employment agreement?
- Permanent full-time position, with health benefits starting after three months
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Starting salary of $47,000 to $54,000 commensurate with experience
Please include a cover letter and resume when you apply. While Upanup appreciates your interest, only local applicants in Victoria (BC) will be considered for this position.