At Upanup, we pride ourselves on a high level of customer service and our ability to help our clients navigate technical questions with confidence. The Client Communications & Support role is integral to the success of our frontline support channel, and by extension, our clients and their customers.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for helping people and natural problem-solving abilities to fill this role. You’ll be working directly with our public sector clients, including cities and school districts, as well as our diverse range of private sector clients, helping them with their websites and digital solutions. Our development and design teams will be there to help you along the way, answering technical questions and providing expertise when needed.
You should have the ability to write friendly and helpful communications, and should be customer-service-oriented and organized – we work with many clients, and prioritization and time management will be key. You should also have a technical bent, meaning you are naturally good at figuring out how to use software and online tools and comfortable explaining them to others. Most importantly for this job, you should be positive, patient, professional and flexible enough to roll with changing situations.
What you will do:
- Receive, prioritize and respond to support requests, mostly by email
- Problem-solve to figure out solutions to customer requests
- Organize requests and work with the development and design teams to fulfill them as needed
- Perform tests and checks on websites, and prepare reports for clients
- Write project documentation, including CMS training guides
- Help facilitate CMS training sessions
- Assist with production tasks, such as website content migrations
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to problem-solve support requests for websites
- Must enjoy helping people with a friendly customer service disposition
- Provide helpful written communication for non-technical readers
- Strong communication, whether via chat, email or face-to-face
- Experience working at the admin level on CMS platforms (particularly Drupal and WordPress)
- An understanding of website fundamentals, including familiarity with HTML & CSS
- An eye for interface and experience design
- An open mind and willingness to learn
As a member of the Upanup team, you will:
- Work with our supportive team and great clients
- Provide meaningful support for websites that serve tens of thousands of visitors every day
- Have the chance to learn leading web solutions
- Be part of a team constantly working to improve quality and efficiency
- Be rewarded for initiative and you’ll get the tools and support to succeed
- Get competitive compensation and vacation
- Be eligible for group health benefits after three months
- Contribute to a work environment based on core values of integrity, quality, efficiency, progress and friendliness.
While Upanup appreciates your interest in this position, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Local Victoria, BC applicants only please.