Upanup is looking for a multifaceted accounting clerk and office administrator to help us stay on top of the details – big and small – that keep our office humming and our clients happy.
As part of our team, you’ll also be helping to serve a diverse range of clients, including a number of large private and public sector organizations, and be playing a key role in our ongoing success. We offer an environment that encourages creativity and supports growth and are looking for someone who can bring both experience and energy to the role.
Working at our studio in downtown Victoria, this position will have a regular schedule, working four or five days a week during our office hours (adding up to between 32 and 40 hours a week).
What does the office administrator position entail?
- Bookkeeping duties in a small/mid-sized business environment
- Scheduling revenue and billing, coordinating invoicing with other staff
- Creating and sending invoices
- Entering and paying expenses
- Month-end and year-end reporting
- Communicating with accountant
- Accounts receivable follow-up
- Office organization and HR tasks
- Ordering and coordinating office and kitchen supplies
- Coordinating insurance
- Managing our office lease
- Coordinating office keys, alarms and phones
- Vacation & sick leave tracking
- Employee payroll and benefits administration
- Working directly with CEO and Client Services Director
What are the requirements for the position?
- Understanding of accounting/bookkeeping for business (accounting diploma or equivalent)
- Should have previous exposure to bookkeeping for small or mid-sized corporation
- Must be a good communicator in writing and in person
- Must be a fast learner, particularly when it comes to using computer programs
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative to organize and improve systems and processes
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (can create pivot tables, knows basic formulas, filtering, grouping, etc.)
- Should have interest in marketing and communications with a digital focus
- Must be trustworthy with an excellent work ethic
Why take this position with Upanup?
- You can use a wide range of accounting skills for a company that is small enough for you to make a difference and big enough to have the right resources and tools available
- You can start with systems already set up to work well, but are open to improvements
- You can be part of a talented and forward-thinking team with a great track record and vision for growth
- You can bring initiative that will be recognized and rewarded
- You will have fun and enjoy going to work with a great team at a great office
- You can have some flexibility in work hours as we are open to somebody working between 32 and 40 hours per week.
- You will join a great work environment built around our core values of integrity, quality, efficiency, progress, and friendliness.
The salary for this position will depend on level of experience but is expected to equate to $20-$25 per hour.
While Upanup appreciates your interest in this position, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Local Victoria, BC applicants only please.