Only local applicants in the vicinity of Victoria, British Columbia will be considered for this position. Start date for this position will be in January 2024. When applying, applicants must include a PDF version of their cover letter and resume.
Upanup is looking for a full-time permanent Accounting Clerk to help us with a wide range of accounting and record-keeping functions. This person will work primarily using Quickbooks and Excel with highly organized and established systems.
We offer an environment that encourages efficiency and supports progress. We are looking for someone who can bring both experience and positive energy to the role.
What does the Accounting Clerk position entail?
The Accounting Clerk will work within a team that has diverse involvement in corporate workings of Upanup, reporting to the Marketing Director. As a small company with only 32 staff, the Accounting Clerk will also often work directly with the CEO.
- Bookkeeping duties in a small/mid-sized business environment
- Scheduling revenue and billing
- Coordinating invoices with clients and other staff
- Creating and sending invoices
- Receiving payments and following-up accounts receivables
- Entering and paying expenses
- Reconciling accounts monthly
- Preparing internal reports and information for accountant
- Record keeping and organization
- Filing documentation and payments to CRA and other government bodies
- Managing business licences
- Managing phone and internet vendors
- Maintaining and organizing insurance
What are the requirements for the position?
- Understanding of accounting/bookkeeping for business (accounting diploma, degree or equivalent)
- Should have previous exposure to bookkeeping for small or mid-sized corporation, preferably with Quickbooks
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (can create pivot tables, knows basic formulas, filtering, grouping, etc.)
- Must be a friendly and clear communicator in writing and in person
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative to organize and improve on systems and processes
- Must be trustworthy with a positive attitude and an excellent work ethic
Why take this position with Upanup?
- You can use a wide range of accounting skills for a company that is small enough for you to make a difference and big enough to have the right resources and tools available
- You can start with systems already set up to work well, but open to improvements
- You can be part of a talented and forward-thinking team with a great track record and vision for growth
- You can bring initiative that will be recognized and rewarded
- You will join a great work environment built around our core values of integrity, quality, efficiency, progress, and friendliness.
- You can work with a growing and collaborative team across Canada
Remuneration and job logistics:
- Permanent full-time position, with health benefits starting after three months
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Salary range is $55,000 to $65,000 commensurate with years of relevant experience
- Start date will be in January 2024
Notes about applying
- Upanup is actively looking to build diversity on our team, and we encourage all types of individuals to apply for this position. It should go without saying, we are welcoming to BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Our team embraces a hybrid framework that includes working in the office for a couple days each week and from home the rest of the week; some staff work full time from the office as well.
- When applying, applicants must include a PDF version of their cover letter and resume. Applicants who take the time to customize their submission specifically for Upanup and this position will be favoured.