But first, what is a microsite?
A microsite is a branded website that lives outside of a company’s main site and is used to offer focused communication on a specific product or service. Often used as a marketing tool, microsites help to diversify a company’s web presence and generate leads, while providing a flexible, efficient solution that can be tailored to specific markets.
When does a microsite make sense?
- When you want to build awareness around a separate sub-brand
- When you have an abundance of information on one specific product, service, or event
- When you have a product or service that targets different audiences
- When you want to improve how a specific product or service ranks on a search engine results page
- When you want to test a marketing approach for a specific product or service
Upanup’s long-time client, Viking Air, is a perfect example of when it makes sense to develop a microsite.